Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Determined Americans

Self Portrait: Another Determined American

Self Definition for facebook
March 21, 2012


I am the observer, questioner of every thing (Why? Why? Why?), a life time cultural anthropologist, a student of human behavior since college, a bookworm who has not watched TV since I read Marshall McLuhan's "The Medium is the Message" in 1968, a roaming image maker who breaks all the "rules", my alter ego is The Shadow watching and imaging everywhere and everything, a manic poster of images (>20,000 on Flickr), a defiant opponent of destructive behaviors, a retired physician who was never sued because I love people and listen to them, the son of parents who were raised on subsistence farms---the tough, smart, determined common sense people who settled the West and lived The Golden Rule, a pain in the ass for anyone who still has their eyes closed to the EVIL that threatens the values that made this nation an inspiration to the whole world when we saved the world from fascism and then for the first time in history as conquers rebuilt the nations we defeated instead of plundering and enslaving them.  By now you should get the idea of what I'm about. If you forget remember these images, self portraits.  If I'm giving you a hard time about some issue it is because I care. Remember that.  One more thing, I am by nature an introvert and this very communication does not come easy for me, but I do it because the world needs to hear what I have to say.  I've learned a lot in 40 years of studying this world and the people in it.  Please listen.  Disagree and tell me why, I'm still learning.  I don't know all the answers, but I do know some.  And most important I've learned how to learn, my mother, a first grade teacher taught me that starting before I was verbal.  64 years of learning, I'll share it with you.  Just ask.  I was born the day Gandhi was assassinated.  Maybe there is a little of him in me. Morris Creedon-McVean.  Watch out for my wife, Jan, and my son Jason; we're cut out of the same moral and ethical cloth.  


The Spirit of the founding Fathers Will Prevail.
We the People Will Prevail



No comments:

Post a Comment